Conference crew wanted
Fronteers Conference crew wanted, apply here
For Fronteers Conference 2019 in October we are looking for volunteers who want to help prepare and run the event as a member of the conference crew. If you think you might enjoy folding hundreds of t-shirts, get up super early in the morning to decorate a theatre or escort speakers to Schiphol airport in the middle of the night, then sign up below!
What is expected of you?
- Be available IRL in Amsterdam for the dress rehearsal on Saturday, 21 September 2019 between 12:00 and 18:00. This is an important requirement, your presence during this afternoon is crucial. We'll start with a light lunch and then go over the planning, discuss crew responsibilities and tasks and go and have a look around Tuschinksi, our conference venue.
- Simple but joyful production work, like folding t-shirts, packing boxes, sorting badges, hanging banners, signs and flags, etc. during the entire day on Wednesday, 2 October 2019. Lunch and dinner is provided. Technical work, like running cables and connecting audio and video gear, will likely continue into the evening.
- Collect and return speakers to and from Schiphol airport, the train station, their hotel or various venues around Amsterdam on 2, 3 and/or 4 October.
- Moving, carrying, lifting, shifting packing and unpacking and such during the conference on 3 and 4 October. We'll start nice and early around 7:00 both days.
- You will act as host for the attendees and speakers, answering all sort of questions and solving practical issues. Together we will enforce the Code of Conduct and deal with any issues that may arise.
What do you get in return?
- A comprehensive training during the dress rehearsal on Saturday, 21 September. We'll discuss the planning and all tasks, responsibilities and requests from the crew.
- A hotel room near the conference venue from Wednesday to Friday. You do not have to make use of this, by the way. If you live close by you may want to sleep in your own bed.
- Lunch and dinner every day. During the conference our caterer takes care of this for us. Note: during previous editions of Fronteers Conference the crew was also present at the Speakers Dinner. Sadly that will not be possible this year.
- T-shirts to be recognisable as crew members. To be worn during the conference and many years after, proudly.
- Travel expenses to and from Amsterdam will be reimbursed by Fronteers.
- to be clear: there is no financial compensation, only the honour, pride and recognition of you peers :)
What is the sign up procedure?
We ony need a limited number of crew member this year. If there are more applications than places, a selection will have to be made. Your availability during the event will be an important criterium. Application will be open for about 2 weeks, depending on the number of applications. All applicants will receive notice a few days after the application closes.
If there is anything else you would like to know or ask about this procedure, the conference crew or the event in general, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer your questions.