Workshop: Modern Universal React dev with Next.js · Fronteers Conference 2019
On the day before the conference, Wednesday 2 October, we're offering a practical, full-day workshop about building modern universal React applications using Next.js by Remy Sharp.
Modern Universal React dev with Next.js
- Wednesday 2 October 2019, 9.00 - 17.00
- Cost: €395 (or €305 for Fronteers members)
- Venue: TBD
Next.js is a framework for building React applications with automatic server side rendering support, which results in improved performance over "vanilla" React. The framework also offers zero configuration, automatic code splitting and prefech out of the box.
- How to create and configure next Next based projects
- Exposure to some gotchas
- How to handle special cases around server/client side only and using environment variables
- Custom routing and parameter handling
What will be covered?
- Up and running: application architecture: Create your first fully SSR Next.js application. Compose layouts and head elements.
- Extending: custom routing, parameters: Clean and custom URLs, mapping params, environment variables, and more.
- Connecting: Database backed pages: Beyond the code: dynamic data and securing pages.
- Testing, building & deploying: Tests & fixtures with Jest, gotchas, and deploy strategies.
About Remy Sharp
Whilst he’s not writing articles or running and speaking at conferences, he runs his own development and training company in Brighton called Left Logic. And he built these popular tools: nodemon, jsbin.com, inliner, mit-license.org, snapbird.org, jsconsole.com and others!