Job position: Agile Frontend Web Developer at Compare Group (Utrecht)
As frontend web developer you are responsible for the technical design and implementation of frontend functionality for our website and applications. As team member of our software development scrum team you work together with Java developer and testers. You will deliver new working functionality in release cycles (sprints) of two weeks. This typically means that a latest version of your software is in production each two weeks.
You will be responsible for the technical implementation of frontend software for our public, private or intranet applications. Main focus goes out to improving and extending our generic website platform – that is used to service our international websites. On a daily basis you spend around 80% of your time working on technical tasks. Remaining time is typically spent on research tasks and usability and interaction design tasks.
Your home base is our head office in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our office is located near the Central Station.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and implement new functionality as proposed by product management;
- Transform functional designs (mockups) into working front end functionality;
- Maintain and improve existing functionality;
- Align with Java developers and testers in the team on how to integrate front- and backend;
- Align with our graphical designer on design and look and feel;
- Contribute to the interactive design of new functionalities;
- Implement according to latest SEO standards;
- Take ownership and responsibility for our frontend user interfaces and code;
- Improve the quality and performance (response times) of our websites;
- Translate usability testing recommendations into actions.
- XML / XSLT
- Java (preferably)
- UI Design (preferably)
- Photoshop (preferably)
- You preferably have a bachelor or master degree in computer science, communication systems or related study
- You have experience as a Frond-end Developer
- You are an expert on the required skills
- You have a good understanding of Object Oriented architecture
- You have knowledge of multiple programming languages
- You have experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of software.
- You have an eye for (pixel perfect) detail and quality
- You preferable have experience with automated testing (e.g. Selenium)
- Understanding and experience on architecture design patterns is an advantage
- You have a solid understanding en interest in search engine optimization techniques
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English and preferably also in Dutch
- You are passionate about your profession and enjoy taking ownership of your work
Compare Group offers you a challenging job opportunity in an international company where an open, professional and enjoyable working culture is greatly valued. We’re committed to creating the conditions that enable you to develop your talents in a stimulating and inspiring environment. We aspire to see our employees become authorities in their specialty.
In addition, Compare Group offers attractive conditions of employment, such as a pension based on available premium, salary savings scheme and compensation for travel expenses.
If you want more than mediocrity send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details about this opening contact Caroline den Hartog, Human Resources, phone +31 (0)30 2320 440.
Our recruitment procedure includes a PI-survey, 2 job interviews and an assessment.
Acquisition on account of our vacancies is not appreciated.