Vacature Agile Front-end Developer bij Vergelijk.nl (Utrecht)
You will work with experts on the level of online marketing, software development and data aggregation. You will serve more than 7 million visitors each month on one of the 6 websites in 4 countries. You will get the opportunity to do what you do best every day. Working for Compare Group means that you'll get to initiate and execute activities that contribute to the improvement of the services and processes and facilitate the growth of the company. Your colleagues expect this from you as you may expect this from your colleagues.
We are looking for a passionate Frontend Developer who relishes the opportunity to work for an innovative Dutch company that is able to offer you a rewarding and challenging career. You will join a young international team of highly motivated people working in the center of Utrecht, five minutes walking from central station.
As an Agile Frontend Developer you will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of the frontends for our 6 public websites and a number of internal applications. You will be a member of our scrum team working closely with product managers, developers, and designers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Transform functional designs (mockups) into working front end functionality
- Contribute to the interactive design of new functionalities
- Align with our graphical designer on design and look and feel
- Align with Java developers and testers in the team on how to integrate frontend and backend
- Maintain and improve existing functionality
- Implement according to latest SEO standards
- Take ownership and responsibility for our frontend user interfaces and code
- Improve the quality and performance of our websites
Compare Group is the holding company of several leading price and product comparison websites in 4 European countries. Since 1999 we create the standard in comparison land with VERGELIJK.NL and VERTAA.FI. Throughout the years we also established VERGELIJK.BE, COMPARER.BE and COMPARER.FR, took over ELCHEAPO.NL, and we are on our way to conquer the rest of Europe.
Millions of consumers visit our websites on a monthly basis and use our services for free. We see it as our mission to make people proud of their purchase. Every day we help them to find the best possible purchase by offering an independent comparison of products, merchants and prices. We make online shopping easy and transparent.
Compare Group can be summarized best as a professional, international company with dedicated and enthusiastic employees. It is the work environment for over 35 passionate professionals of 9 different nationalities, and it is growing. The non-hierarchical organization stimulates close cooperation between our IT, Marketing and Commercial teams. And even though we are working in separate teams, we still make time to have lunch together in our company canteen. You are respected because of who you are and there are plenty of chances to develop your skills and talents, in order to make you the authority in your specialty. We offer several training opportunities and to get to know your colleagues also in social surroundings, we organize various activities throughout the year. You will be stationed in offices on top locations in the city centers of Utrecht, Helsinki or Paris.
- You preferably have a bachelors or masters degree in computer science, communication systems, or related study
- You have a number of years of experience as a Frondend Developer
- You preferably have experience in backend development in Java or PHP
- You have good knowledge of the software development life cycle
- You preferably have experience with writing testable code
- You have an interest in search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
- You have good communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch
- You are passionate about your profession and enjoy taking ownership of your work
Compare Group offers you a challenging job opportunity in an international company where an open, professional and enjoyable working culture is greatly valued. We're committed to creating the conditions that enable you to develop your talents in a stimulating and inspiring environment. We aspire to see our employees become authorities in their specialty.
In addition, Compare Group offers attractive conditions of employment, such as a pension based on available premium and compensation for travel expenses.
Are you an (upcoming) expert in your area of expertise and do you think you can contribute to Compare Group activities and its mission? Please feel free to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our recruitment procedure includes a PI-survey, 1 job interview and an assessment.
Contactpersoon: Caroline den Hartog