Vacature Web Designer bij Booking.com (Amsterdam)
(Dit bestand bestaat niet)
Booking.com™, part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN) is Europe’s leading online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, attracting over 30 million unique visitors each month via the Internet from both leisure and business markets worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, ranging from small independent hotels to a five star luxury through Booking.com. The Booking.com website is available in 43 languages and offers over 165250 hotels in 110 countries.
The company's headquarters are located in Amsterdam. We have more than 4300 employees working in over 50 offices worldwide, and we are continuously growing.
How we work:
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive thousands of visits to our website on a daily basis; therefore we know instantly which experiments work and which don’t.
As a Web Designer you will have graphically strong web design skills, and a good technical understanding of web page creation. In this role you will be involved in the rapid development and enhancement of Booking.com. With your knowledge of user experience in a commercial environment, you will work closely with Senior Designers, Developers and Product Owners, developing ideas into mockups using Photoshop or Fireworks, and ideally you will also be involved in the implementation of HTML and CSS.
- Work together with colleagues of Design, IT and Marketing to improve usability
- Designing and developing the user interface of the Booking.com website with HTML/CSS
- Conduct experiments for improving conversion
- Create mock-ups and web pages
- Strong sense for consistent design of user interfaces, usability and accessibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with browser quirks and workarounds, cross-browser, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web standards for web development
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- You are an excellent communicator with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to
- Confident working with version control systems
- Ability to code hand-crafted html
- Expert mastery of cross-browser front-end technologies: HTML and CSS
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with templating systems
- Experience with graphical software (e.g. Photoshop and/or Fireworks)
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
Please submit your CV in English and upload your portfolio along with your personal design contributions
We want people who are really motivated to work with us and further their career. When submitting your CV please include a letter that describes your motivation so we understand how important it is to you. With your portfolio of design and web development work please provide clear examples with an explanation of your involvement which demonstrate your suitability for the role.