Vacature Front-end Developer bij Booking.com (Amsterdam)
Booking.com is the world’s leading accommodation website. We serve millions of customers all over the world from our headquarters in the center of Amsterdam where we’re looking for User Experience experts to join our front-end team of designers, developers & researchers.
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive thousands of visits to our website on a daily basis; therefore we know instantly which experiments work and which don’t.
- Day to day maintenance of the Booking.com websites and optimizing code for the best user experience
- Working together with colleagues of Design, IT and Marketing to improve usability and implement a/b tests
Skills & Experience
- Comfortable working on a command line
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Excellent communicator with a pragmatic able to understand requirements
- Working knowledge of W3C standards for web development
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- Front-end coding in a commercial environment
- Experience with templating systems
- Experience with validating and testing
- Experience with graphical software (e.g. Photoshop)
- Dealing with browser compatibility and implementing workarounds
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
The perfect candidate has a passion their craft... and a portfolio to back it up. Send us a link or upload your work and tell us all about it. Please submit your CV, portfolio and Motivation Letter in English (http://www.booking.com/jobs).
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.