Job position: Front-end Developer at User Intelligence (Amsterdam/Rotterdam)
Location: Amsterdam or Rotterdam
Start Date: Open
Hours: 4 or 5 days a week
At User Intelligence we improve the customer experience through user research and various design activities. During the design phase, we find ourselves using more and more prototypes to communicate the design to stakeholders and to evaluate it with the target audience. These prototypes are showing responsive solutions, using actual data and become increasingly advanced.
To strengthen our team with more advanced prototyping skills we are looking for a front-end developer. He or she will create prototypes and support our designers in their prototyping efforts and also play an important role in selecting and developing a prototyping framework to support our designers in creating functional prototypes more easily.
As front-end coding expert, you will be working in our team of UX designers, and often work closely with our UX researchers.
- Create functional prototypes together with our interaction and visual designers;
- Interpret user requirements, business requirements and design deliverables and translate these into functional elements of a prototype;
- Discuss technical possibilities and limitations with designers, clients and implementation partners;
- Effectively communicate the design intentions from concept through to implementation with design consultants, technology team, project manager and client;
- Create and maintain a prototyping framework for in-house prototyping activities. This includes creating an overall workflow for the development, deployment and archiving of prototypes;
- Analyze, understand and possibly contribute to the deliverables of other User Intelligence disciplines (e.g. User Research deliverables, Web Analytics Reports and Business/Strategic documents) and translate them into technical requirements;
- Educate UX designers about prototyping, the framework and emerging technologies and support them in their prototyping efforts;
- Participate in concept & design workshops and co-creation sessions;
- Be passionate about the field of User Experience and Front-end development, and express that by participating in the (open source) community.
Education & Experience
- Masters/Bachelors degree in relevant technical field like Computer Science;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as front-end developer, front-end engineer, front-end designer or related role;
- Hands-on experience with a variety of industries and sizes of projects.
- Strong consultancy/client-facing skills;
- Deep understanding of best practices and web standards (HTML5, CSS3);
- Framework knowledge (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.);
- Database connections (PHP/MySQL or similar);
- Responsive Design;
- Development workflows (version control, cross browser, LAMP platform).
- Passionate about User Experience;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong empathic abilities;
- Realistic and pragmatic;
- Extreme attention for detail and quality;
- Team player, pleasant and fun to work with;
- Proven excellent communication, collaboration and negotiating skills.
Contact Mark Kassteen, Design Director
+31 (0)6 - 14 68 88 38