Smartphones are very popular. These personal devices keep getting more and more sensors. This gives unlimited possibilities to collect personal data. Besides phones and people, Sense collects data from a diversity of sources and combines and interprets this data in realtime to create personal context awareness. Users can also share their data with other users or applications. This gives the possibility to develop powerful community applications.
Sense maintains a library for Android and iOS devices which can work as standalone apps, or which can be embedded as part of another app. In this way other apps can use local sensor data and local pattern recognition. All this data can also be uploaded to the CommonSense platform.
CommonSense is our cloud platform in which data from all sources are collected and are being interpreted in realtime. The online availability of personal context awareness makes it possible for a whole new group of services and applications to be developed. These services and applications use the state information of a person in realtime. Most CommonSense functionalities are made by third party developers through our API. The goal is to build an ecosystem of applications and users to create as much value as possible from personal context awareness.
Examples of applications are: recognizing earthquakes from combined sensor data of thousands of phones; supporting people in changing their exercise pattern; offering an integrated environment for home monitoring of chronically ill people; providing realtime situational awareness for emergency services in crisis management.
To help us create an amazing user experience of our platform, we are looking for a:
We are looking for a web developer to help us improve our CommonSense platform. You will be working on a variety of web apps, including dashboards that visualize a user’s sensor data, intuitive interfaces that allow a user to define their own CommonSense logic and stunning demo applications that show off the endless possibilities of mobile sensor data.
You will be joining a small, young team of sensor data enthusiasts, in which you will play a large role in the technical design of the CommonSense front end. We are looking for an innovative person who likes to keep up with the latest advancements in his field.
The ideal candidate should:
- have solid programming experience (GitHub profile or code samples),
- have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS,
- have experience building responsive sites,
- know about the Good Parts,
- know when and what to test,
- be a selfstarter.
Nice to haves
- A degree in computer science or something related.
- Android/iOS development skills.
- Experience with backend frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django etc.
- Hardware skills: working with sensors, Arduinos, Raspberries, etc.
- Keen eye for design
- Experience with Photoshop
- Being a self quantifier.
- The possibility to work on innovative and challenging assignments
- Working with a young and enthusiastic team
- A pleasant and informal working atmosphere
- Freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary that corresponds to your knowledge, experience, training and dedication
- Good benefits like a function supporting budget
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
Send your resume and cover letter to Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions you are welcome to contact our office.