Who is eBuddy?
- High-tech, fun, international and young internet company
- Started in 2003 with the 1st independent web browser based Instant Messaging (IM) service allowing users worldwide to chat via AIM, Facebook, GoogleTalk, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo accounts without downloading or installing an application, for free
- Covering all major mobile platforms with both XMS and Chat (iOS, Android, BB, Symbian, J2ME, WP7, Mobile Web) with More than 30 million monthly unique users across both Web and Mobile products
- Private company backed by VCs: Prime Ventures & Lowland Capital Partners, healthy financial position 4.4+ million Facebook fans
- 90+ employees and 28+ different nationalities
- HQ in Amsterdam city center with great location, additional international presence: San Francisco, Singapore
- Awards: Best mobile App (Mashable 2009), Best mobile User Experience (Mashable 2010), best International Startup (Crunchies 2008), Expat Employer of the Year 2012
Assignment Duration: 3 months.
Your role will be to develop, deploy and maintain scalable web application and websites. You will be involved in all stages of development from specification to implementation, testing, debugging, deployment and maintenance. You are a hands-on team player, working with others in an agile development (Scrum). You have an eye for detail and a quality-oriented approach and you like to constantly research and experiment with emerging technologies.
Required skills and qualifications
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience;
- At least 4 years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3 and responsive design;
- Experience with web application performance tuning;
- Solid understanding of server-side programming and architectures;
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol and REST services;
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development;
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience with server-side programming using Node.js;
- Mobile web development experience;
- Knowledge of web server configuration and deployment (Apache 2, Nginx).
- 3 months assignment
- Extras such as lunch, snacks fruits and drinks all day
- Opportunity to be part of one of fastest growing internet companies worldwide
- Fun, innovative, entrepreneurial, and rewarding job environment
Are you interested in working for an international, dynamic, young and fast growing company? Then please use this link and click on the Apply Button.
We'd love to get to know you a little better! Alternatively, please feel free to forward this opening to your own network.
Jihane Biotteau, Corporate Recruiter
eBuddy BV - Keizersgracht 585
1017 DR Amsterdam - The Netherlands
phone: +31 (0) 20 514 1420
fax: +31 (0) 20 624 7660