Job position: Front-end Webdeveloper at G+J Uitgevers (Amsterdam)
G+J Uitgevers, part of the Bertelsmann concern, is a growing and creative publisher with ambition. Our brands National Geographic, Quest, Glamour, JAN and VOGUE offer journalistic integrity and quality. Our company culture is entrepreneurial, innovative, professional, international and sparkling. Please find more information on: www.genj.nl.
The digital department is looking for a front-end WEBDEVELOPER (full time, m/f) to start immediately
As a front-end developer at G+J Uitgevers you'll be working on the digital portfolio for the brands: VOGUE, Glamour, JAN, National Geographic, Quest and Designer-Vintage.
You will work on a variety of existing web-presences, develop new ones and you must have the ability to work with, and maintain, other people's code.
You will work in a small (4 fte) development team together with back-end developers, product managers and designers. Your main responsibility is to implement pixel perfect front-end and user interface requirements.
- You are a pro-active, enthusiastic and passionate front-end webdeveloper
- You are passionate about webstandards, webdesign and UX
- You have a strong attention for detail
- You are a self starter who is organized and deadline driven
- You are a strong communicator both with tech and non-tech colleagues
- 1- 2 years experience with PHP (light, frontend)
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, slicing assets from PSDs and producing pixel-perfect HTML mark-up
- Familiarity with browser quirks, cross-browser testing, alternate stylesheets, responsive functionality
- Familiarity with email marketing and building newsletter templates
- Familiarity with general web development techniques/concepts: semantic mark-up, seo techniques, xml sitemaps, htaccess files, robots.txt, etc.
- Comfortable using source control tools (SVN, git)
- Superior attention to detail and a strong ability to Q/A one's own work required.
- Familiarity with Symfony2
- Familiarity with MySQL and/or basic SQL knowledge
- Familiarity with OO PHP, and PHP5
- A challenging job within a transforming media company
- A comfortable work environment in an excited team
- Great benefits
Does this job appeal to you and you are up for the challenge? Please email your resume and links to at least 3 production websites you've worked on, along with detailed description of your role in the development/production process.
Please email your applications including resume before 1 August 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.