Job position: IT Developer at AgriPlace (Amsterdam)
AgriPlace is a lean start-up dedicated to decreasing the barriers to sustainable food production, nationally and internationally. We do this by reengineering the processes by which farm level data is collected, analyzed and shared in agricultural supply chains, making innovative use of existing technologies. We provide farmers an easy to use IT platform that bundles buyers’ requirements and certification schemes and smoothens compliance processes. AgriPlace is being implemented in Holland and will roll out in Latin America next year, targeting smallholder farmers with low computer literacy.
We are currently expanding our team with a front-end developer that is looking for the ultimate usability challenge. We use Python/Django, AngularJS, and PostgreSQL on Linux servers.
Your core challenge
- Optimizing the usability and performance of the AgriPlace platform. We follow a responsive design strategy, using one code base for an increasing number of devices
- Development of new features in two-weekly sprints
- Co-developing the platform architecture
- Maintenance of AgriPlace code base, infrastructure and operations
- BSc/MSc in Information Technology or equivalent
- Enthusiasm for lean methodologies, detailed focus and quality work within deadlines
- Experience with scrum
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch
- Experience with developing applications for mobile devices (Cordova, Android, iOS).
- Own projects or open source contributions that we can see
- Experience in food supply chains / farmer applications / data collection
- Challenging job within a globally oriented non-profit but business-driven start-up
- Flexible work environment that emphasizes personal responsibility
- Compensation commensurate with your experience
- Fulltime position, between 32 and 40 hours
- Long term commitment is intended, starting with a 1 year contract
- Office in a vibrant and historical part of Amsterdam
AgriPlace is a project of the People 4 Earth Foundation and we work together with a number of companies, organizations and partners to develop and implement AgriPlace.
Is it you we need?
Send your application to Marieke de Ruyter de Wildt at: email@example.com.