Job position: frontend developer at People's Playground (Amsterdam)
INNOVATION OF THE TV EXPERIENCE HAPPENS HERE!
In a world where people are used having great user experiences with their mobile devices, the current TV experience lacks modern engagement standards. However, new technologies and concepts give serious opportunities to companies to change this. And we offer them a chance to actually do it.
Caring Organizational Culture. We care about our team, the product and the profits, in that order. Our people like to work for us as we are an organization committed to each unique individual. We believe that a happy and ambitious team can move mountains.
Join a Smart Team. The team of People's Playground likes to work smarter, not harder. Together we are always focussed on the key activities that generate high leverage output. As a result we are able to achieve spectacular and apparently impossible results with a relative small team of A Players.
To support further growth and strengthen our core production team we seek a frontend developer. As such, you are actively involved in our production process, working together with our customers, creatives, developers and engineers.
At our Playground we give you the opportunity to:
- Extend your knowledge to SmartTV development
- Be part of a growing ambitious company
- Take responsibility
- Push technical barriers
What we offer
People’s Playground offers an environment in which you can develop yourself and get inspired doing great things. At our Playground you will experience a lot of freedom. This requires a disciplined attitude. There will be plenty of opportunity and space to make your ideas count. We are located in the city centre of Amsterdam, easily accessible by public transport.
Psst: Besides a good salary all employees share in profit.
If you like to be part of a highly motivated and loyal development team with ambitious goals, don’t hesitate and
send us your cv: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Experience with Model View Controller structures in a well-known backend parser (e.g. PHP, Java, etc.)
- Experience with distributed version control, namely GIT
- HTML5/CSS3: Markup and styling
- A great eye/(passion) for detail
- A test-oriented and methodical way of working
- You are a team player!
Nice to haves:
- CSS3 using SASS/Compass (Markup and styling)
- Experience with iterative workflows (e.g. SCRUM) is a plus!
- Experience with Mobile development (e.g. Android, iOS)
- Experience with ConnectedTV devices in general is a plus!
- Experience with linux/bash