Job position: Front-end Developer at Pilotfish (Amsterdam)
Your work will explore a wide range of design fields and you will be applying your knowledge and skills to a rich portfolio of projects, addressing diverse clients, composed of both renowned companies such as Samsung, Kia, Bosch, as well as some of the most promising start-ups. We will welcome you in our international, multicultural and multidisciplinary team, constantly shaping both yours and our future towards the greatest it can be.
You will be
A front-end developer in our Amsterdam office, directly involved in:
- Web/app development based on design concepts in-house or at the customer site
- Concept generation brainstorms and technology feasibility research
- Review and refinement of gui design concepts in close collaboration with our design team
- Creating mock-ups for app controlled interactive products, using electronic prototyping platforms (eg. Arduino) with our design and engineering team
- Boosting programming knowledge within our company
A creative and proactive front-end developer with a good feel for graphic design, an eye for details and a passion for pushing the boundaries of digital and physical interfaces.
You have a great ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary English speaking environment with industrial designers, GUI designers and engineers and you’re ready to surprise us with your fresh ideas.
At least 5 years’ experience in front end development:
- Excellent cross browser mark-up and styling skills (html5, css3) and knowledge of CSS pre-processors (sass)
- Knowledge of most common templating languages
- Experience with Git version control management software
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- General understanding of several technologies/tools/frameworks (e.g. node.js, terminal, build tools, databases)
A big plus is:
- Hands on experience with interactive prototyping platforms and frameworks is a big plus (ActionScript, iOS, .net/c#/XAML, C++/open Frameworks, processing along with hardware prototyping platforms like Arduino, Phigets, Kinect)
- Experience with native development (e.g. Android, iOS) or with a cross platform mobile platform (eg. Phonegap)
We are excited to receive your application!
Please fill in the application form available on our website and send it together with your letter of motivation and digital portfolio (PDF or URL) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high number of applications coming our way, we are unfortunately unable to always provide a written reply. However, you can always call us at +31 (0) 20 4706111 and we will provide an update on your application.
Who we are
Pilotfish is a strategic design and innovation consultancy transforming complex electronic technologies into meaningful and desirable user experiences. From our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and Taipei we cater to international brands worldwide including BMW, MINI, Samsung, BSH, Munich Airport, and Honeywell.