Job position: Senior Web Developer at Elastic ( Amsterdam, London or East Coast US)
Location: Anywhere Europe
Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source projects, Elastic provides real-time insights and makes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data usable for developers and enterprises. By focusing on scalability, ease-of-use, and ease-of-integration, the Elastic ELK stack — comprised of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana &mash; powers many of the world's leading mobile, social, consumer and business applications. Since its initial release, the ELK stack has achieved more than 20 million cumulative downloads, and today, Elastic is backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California, and offices and employees around the world.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Web Developer to join our Marketing team. Your role is to design, develop, and maintain two company websites: the corporate website and the user conference website. Responsibilities include: planning, production, maintenance, and SEO while ensuring brand integrity on all sites.
Job Duties and Requirements
- 5+ years work experience with web development or related field
- Proven portfolio of website creation and maintenance
- SEO maintenance and keyword tracking
- High degree of CMS platform experience
- Knowledge of site analytics and visitor tracking (Google Analytics, Visual Visitor, or others)
- Familiarity with PHP and MySQL a plus
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features and applications in conjunction with organization leaders and department managers
- Work with IT and other department experts on software issues that affect the website and its availability
- Assess competing websites as regards to content, look and feel, and functionality, and make improvement recommendations to our organization's site
- Track and evaluate new standards, technologies, and trends in website development, design, and delivery
- Find, diagnose, and fix website problems, including broken links, typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the website by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors
Knowledge & Experience
- Must be able to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design software (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC operating systems
- Experience with GitHub
- Sensitivity to browser compatibility issues
- Experience with implementing responsive designs/mobile
- Understanding of basic project management principles
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong time management and detail-oriented team work ethic
- Experience as senior or lead developer managing and mentoring a team
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please respond to these questions. There is no wrong answer.
- What is your experience of the site on mobile devices?
- How would you improve this experience?
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder
- Passionate people building great products