Job position: Front-End Developer at Geophy (Delft)
Who we are
We are an independent provider of objective data and analysis for the property market, with offices in Delft and London. GeoPhy was founded in 2014 by visionary architects and engineers. In a world demanding ever-greater transparency, property investment remains incredibly opaque. GeoPhy was founded to change just that. We apply cutting-edge technology to an ever-growing amount of data from a wide variety of sources. Our quality score offers an objective and holistic international standard and enables our clients to make data-driven property decisions. The team consists of econometricians, mathematicians, data scientists, GIS experts and full-stack developers. We spend a lot of time creating a flexible, dynamic, creative and respectful culture.
What we offer
As a young and dynamic company we are able to offer our employees flexibility (you mainly plan when and where you work), independence, responsibility, career opportunities (as we are scaling quickly, we are expecting to at least triple our workload in the upcoming period - if you impress us, we are more than happy to give you more responsibilities!) and competitive benefits.
Job Title: Front-End Developer
Delft, The Netherlands. Full-time
In this role, you will join the development team to use modern web technology to implement solutions for making our data accessible for our clients. Our platform is under constant development and our dataset is growing rapidly so your input will have a direct impact on our customer experience. Doing so, you will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization. Up for the challenge? Come work with us!
- Implement solutions for managing the platform, data visualization, software test runs and resulting data
- Design and execute the visualization of large data sets using maps and graphs
- Independently design, develop and deploy web platforms
- Identify new opportunities, bottle-necks and efficiency-issues
- Partner with team members to increase workflow efficiency and automation and bring smart solutions to day-to-day challenges
- Data visualization using highly instinctive and engaging maps and graphs
- Knowledge of web technologies such as the HTTP protocol, caching and JSON
- Experience with build tools (Gulp, LESS etc.), unit-test (pré) and Git.
- Familiar with data structures, algorithms
- Experience with high-growth software projects - source code control, continuous integration, documentation
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, reliable, team player
- Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it
- Hands-on mentality
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- At least a semi-perfectionist
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of GoogleMapsApi and/or Leaflet
- Knowledge of backend development in PHP (Laravel/Lumen) and/or other programming tools you’re most skilled in (Python, R, etc.)
- Active member of the open source community
- Experienced in distributed systems, data aggregation and analysis
- Knowledge of GIS
- Can draw from your previous experience working in start-ups
- Able to outsmart us
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please apply through this link: https://geophy.typeform.com/to/uoFKoS.