Job position: Visual Designer / Front-End Developer at Geckotech (Amstelveen)
Geckotech is looking for a combination visual designer and front end developer to join the team. You will be working in an exciting environment where you will have the opportunity to not only create beautiful, functional user interfaces but also shape the visual identity of our startup clients.
This means you will need a broad focus and that you must be well versed in branding, web and mobile UI design and have a solid understanding and keen interest in usability and UX design and front end development.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- UX: defining and creating site structure, interaction flows, page wireframes and interface requirements
- UI: visual style for websites and applications (both mobile and web) including layout, colour, typography and iconography
- Branding: logo design and brand identity development
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A strong portfolio with links to your work
- Experience with interactive wireframing tools such as Moqups and Balsamiq will count in your favour
- Pro-active, independent and pragmatic
- You must be able to operate in an R&D environment - in other words, find solutions without necessarily having detailed specifications.
- The ability to work efficiently on multiple projects at the same time and switch context efficiently as priorities dictate.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Dutch verbal and written skills are a plus
Geckotech specialises in custom software development. We assist innovative companies with the implementation of their novel IT ideas. We offer a flexible working environment and the freedom to expand your horizons by learning new technologies and applying them in your work
If you're interested, please let us know and send an email to email@example.com.