Job position: Front-end developer at News Media (Amsterdam)
Who are we?
News Media is the innovative media company behind Geenstijl, Dumpert, Das Kapital, Upcoming en Autobahn. Our rapidly growing portfolio of titles and communities reaches millions of readers and viewers with engaging content. With millions of videos watched per month Dumpert is the largest video website in the Netherlands. Well, behind YouTube, off course, but YouTube doesn't have a secret soundboard in its mobile app. Upcoming gives you the best and most popular content on the internet at this moment, using smart algorithms to detect pieces with potential to go viral. Autobahn delves into the world of cars and Das Kapital finds fascinating new ways to report on financial and economic news. Basically, what we're saying is News Media reaches every Dutch person every month at least once, with a wide variety of content.
What will you be doing?
As a Front-end developer at News Media, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users. At News Media we get things done, quickly and efficiently, and your front-end expertise will help us keep it up. Building applications and graphics for our web sites let’s your work be seen by millions of individual users every month. If this sounds like a nice challenge, you're the front-end developer we need.
You’ll be responsible for;
- designing and implementing new user-facing features within News Media’s products,
- optimizing web applications to maximize speed and scale. Supporting clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices,
- write client-side code for web based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications.
- Be able to bounce a table tennis ball at least ten times on your head. This will not be necessary for your job -at least for now- but we want to see the reaction of the other front-end developers when you pull this off.
Is this you?
Working at NewsMedia means you’ll be contributing to some of the most popular websites in the Netherlands. To be successful you’ll have to be proactive and innovative and have a solid understanding of the graphics of a website and knowledge of tools such as AngularJS, Flux, ReactJS, Photoshop/Illustrator and our Nespresso machine. Because let's be honest about this, you're not really a front-end developer if you can't work a Nespresso machine.
Next to this you offer;
- 2+ years of relevant web application development experience,
- development experience in responsive front-end technologies,
- highly skilled with HTML, CSS, AJAX,
- experience with Less/Sass compilers,
- NPM, Grunt or Gulp for development environment automation.
What we offer?
A fun, young and vibrant work environment where you’ll be working in a small team of development experts. We have an informal and personal atmosphere. There is room for professional growth through working with cutting edge technologies. You’ll get a competitive salary, Macbook Pro, iPhone 6, and a personal development budget. Also, there are fun PS4 competitions, but if you're a member of the PC Master Race we'll accept you as well.
News Media a subsidiary of TMG Digital. TMG is one of the largest media companies in the Netherlands. Our largest brands are the Telegraaf, DFT, Telesport, Metro, Autovisie, GeenStijl and Dumpert. We deliver news and entertainment 24/7.
Send your CV to our recruiter Alette Dybesland Lie at firstname.lastname@example.org.