Job position: Front-end Developer at IENS/TheFork (Amsterdam)
What we do at IENS
IENS/TheFork is part of TripAdvisor. We are building the #1 app for diners. Our website and apps are used by millions of users to decide where to go out for dinner and to make online bookings in the listed restaurants. Our community of users can post reviews, photos and mark restaurants as their favorite. Their input forms the basis of our restaurant guide.
What you will do in our team
You will be the front-end developer for our development team in Amsterdam. This team is responsible for the community features on IENS/TheFork. You will get to work on our restaurant review system, enhance our user profile pages with new features and enable the users on IENS/TheFork to form a vibrant restaurant community.
We are an international company, so you will collaborate frequently with our development teams in Paris, Turin and Nantes. Hipchat, Github and Jira are places where you will hang out virtually with your co-workers. And every now and then we take the train or plane and go and meet everyone face to face!
What we are using
- The back end of our site is implemented in PHP using the Symfony2 framework;
- The code is versioned using git. We code review and test each other's work before we deploy;
- To evaluate how our website and servers are performing we use New Relic and Loggly for troubleshooting;
- For planning we have a digital version of our Agile planning board in Jira and we use Confluence as wiki
- You have significant experience (min 2 years) of working as a front-end developer on a website like ours: high traffic, high usage, multiple development teams and focus on fast and nice interactions for our users;
- You know how to convert UX and visual designs into HTML5 and CSS;
- Experience with PHP and Symfony2 / Twig (the templating engine we use) will be a plus;
- You are comfortable in speaking and writing English to your colleagues
- A challenging job at one of the largest and most respected websites in the Netherlands while building on the best worldwide restaurant platform;
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere within a young and enthusiastic team. Our office is in Amsterdam, nearby the Hoofddorpplein and the Olympic Stadium. Ping Pong table and fussball table are available;
- Every day we have a common lunch and every friday a warm lunch is cooked;
- A good salary with good benefits (including travel expenses, pension plan, bonus, sport reimbursement and 25 holidays);
- Relocation assistance is available.