Job position: Senior Frontend Engineer at VONQ (Rotterdam and/or Amsterdam)
Do you want to get your hands dirty in our quest to build the best recruitment marketing software in the universe and beyond? You’re an experienced Frontend Developer ready to build a solid product that dazzles users. Does this sounds appealing to you? Then apply for Senior Frontend Engineer and get the chance to work in a team that open sources core tools and applies best practices.
Senior Frontend Engineer
Rotterdam and / or Amsterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40)
As our Senior Frontend Engineer you'll be leading critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the frontend implementation of our core platform. You'll care about the realization of user experience that make our end users life easier. Make tools people love to use.
You can be based either in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The choice is yours. You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product development team (with team members on both locations).
What you actually do
- Deliver frontend experiences worthy of enterprise delight
- Deliver actionable data visualizations that excite
- Be responsible for the choice of the right FE libraries and the realisation of a solid frontend architecture
- Enable development process improvements through tools and automation (pair up with our DevOps and implement CI...yes... also for the frontend assets)
- Safe-guard our enterprise product quality
Which boxes do you tick?
(Psst...You do not need to tick all the boxes below in order to apply...)
What you see below, paints the ideal picture. Obviously, we also work well with people that have apetite to excel, foundation to build on and potential to succeed.
"Our perfect picture":
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Product development experience - knowing what it takes to build a future-proof product...
- Fan and evangelizer of solid development practices (TDD, CI, etc.) for frontend assets
- Experience with rolling out products to production (incl. proper version mngt, minification, dependencies mngt, etc.)
- Experience leading development efforts and aligning with BE engineers & UX designers
- Have worked before in distributed team is a plus
- Love to build beautiful extensible things (master in CSS3, mainstream libraries/frameworks like bootstrap, sass are in your toolbox)
- Experience with FE QA (selenium, karma, jasmine, phantomjs etc, or similar etc.)
- Experience with data visualization projects is a big plus
- Have delivered omni-device implementations before
- Comfortable owning the FE test bed
- Excellent communication skills in English
Things we cherish
- Enterpreneurial spirit
- Affinity for detail
- Technical curiocity
- Good communicator
- Goal driven personality
- Lame jokes (what can I say...) & beer on Fridays ;-)
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly, every two weeks you’ll have dedicated R&D time to move the development of our Job Marketing Platform to the next level. Thirdly, you'll participate to meetups/conferences.
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Time and budget for training
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
So, does this sounds appealing to you?
Please apply by clicking on the link.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to Dimitra Retsina (CTO/CPO) -> email@example.com.
About VONQ & Job Marketing Platform
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. Although it’s a young product we’re practicing LEAN methodology to gradually evolve it in a modular way and having a very ambitious roadmap in mind.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filters.