Job position: Frontend/UX Manager at inSided (Amsterdam)
As Frontend/UX Manager you will be responsible for the awesome design and frontend quality of customer communities of large companies like Sonos, T-Mobile, Philips, Rabobank, and Albert Heijn. These brands consider their community as the cornerstone of an effective customer experience strategy, and some have even made their community their companies' primary contact channel. Your team designs awesome branded communities with the state-of-the-art inSided community engagement (Software as a Service) platform.
inSided is looking for a Frontend/UX Manager who wants to work in one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in Europe. You will be part of the Professional Services team, where you will be responsible for scaling up the development team as well as guiding, coaching and inspiring the team. You are the force behind great improvements in our time to implementation and aim to ensure a great performance of our implementation team. The team is responsible for the implementation of new clients as well as change requests of our existing clients. You understand that there is a balance between delivery on time and quality and always strive for the best of both worlds.
As a Frontend/UX Manager you are aware of the technologies that are used within the company and with our customers and are able to discuss these with the developers in your team. You have experience in a lead role and thus are able to have meaningful discussions on your teams performance and improvements and are able to evaluate their (individual) quality. You will report directly to the VP Professional Services.
Responsibilities of a Frontend/UX Manager
- Build, manage and develop a team of frontend developers and UX designers
- Provide leadership, guidance and vision to the implementation team
- Create a cohesive team environment with clear focus on the requirements of each client
- Work together with the Head of Consultancy, Project Managers and Product Management to make sure that teams have appropriate technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver implementations timely. Received feedback from customers will lead to generic template improvements and optimisation of the implementation process.
- Measure, report and optimize customer satisfaction, quality, timely delivery and capacity
- Drive continuous improvements to processes as well as designs and templates which leads to better communities and a faster time to market for our customers
- You will participate in monthly leadership meetings, helping inSided on a strategy level from your perspective to become a global market leader
Desired skills and expertise of a Frontend/UX Manager
As a Frontend/UX Manager, you are an experienced technologist with an excellent understanding of development and the creative and UX processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ of management/leadership experience in software development
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working on implementations of products at different customers
- Experience working at a web agency servicing bigger / international companies
- Strong leadership, time management and problem solving skills
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices. You are well organised and able to successfully work with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Team player who is action and result driven, someone who enjoys organizational and technical challenges within a fast paced environment, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution and communicates on the highest standards of professionalism in his/her appearance and work habits.
- Strong communication skills in and fluent in English
What do we offer
- A job at the fastest growing community building company in Europe
- Working with international and well-known brands
- A central role within inSided that defines a large part of our customer success and happiness
- A highly dynamic working environment, as inSided is growing fast (and you will be part of this growth)
- A place to learn, experiment, discover and develop yourself further
- A work hard, play hard environment (we are big fans of Friday afternoon drinks, boat trips, parties and events)
- Fun colleagues and a beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam (an 8 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station)
Behind the scenes
Watch the inSided Development team video, to learn more about your team
As the European leader in social business technology, inSided helps companies to reduce costs, increase brand advocacy, drive sales, and empower their customers. The community engagement platform powers successful communities - attracting millions of visitors - for companies like T-Mobile, Sonos, TomTom, Ahold, ABN-Amro, Philips and Proximus. We are an experienced team with community building firmly rooted in our DNA and constantly strive to improve our work, look at its ROI, and make our clients 100% satisfied.
The corporate headquarters is located in the city centre of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, where we offer a great international work environment. We have a motivated and entrepreneurial team, love to brainstorm on new ideas and enjoy drinks on Friday afternoon. We currently have 50+ employees and are on the rise fast, hiring additional employees every month. In 2015 alone, inSided was awarded with a Deloitte Fast50 award, TechTour 25 award and Sprout Challenger 50 award. Apply today and become a part of our success!
inSided uses Topgrading for its hiring process. The final step in this process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors as well as others we may choose. Contact Silvie van Steensel, Talent Recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org / +316 18 65 47 21) for questions about this vacancy.
Details from this job description are not to be used for marketing purposes. inSided does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at inSided via e-mail, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of inSided, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by inSided.