Job position: Front End Developer at BookerZzz (Haarlem)
Can you make a great contribution to the development and UX of our high traffic websites, thanks to your frontend development skills?! Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Then we are looking for you!
Due to our (inter)national growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and experienced:
Whether you optimize the booking funnel, improve our A/B testing capabilities or implement an automated JS framework, you’ll be working within our frontend.
Your main task is to (further) develop and maintain the websites and other applications. Progressive techniques and technologies offer you a helping hand. Your activities are varied and challenging whereby you get a lot of responsibility and independency to carry out the projects.
Within the IT department we work with 4 Scrum teams, coached by our own dedicated Scrum Master, three of them are Golang based.
- Decipher designs, wireframes and documentation to build layouts, content and create interactive behavior;
- Troubleshoot and test applications and pages across browsers and platforms to insure maximum coverage and consistency;
- Work closely with backend developers to integrate APIs and services together;
- Develop API endpoints for new features;
- Shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively;
- Actively participate in our scrum teams.
Skills & Requirements
You are performance driven, motivated and willing to ‘walk the extra mile’ in order to achieve your goals. You are capable to communicate well with other departments and able to work with deadlines.
Furthermore we ask:
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines;
- 4+ years experience in web design and development (with portfolio and code samples/repos);
- Deep understanding of the evolving world of HTML / CSS;
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues;
- Able to communicate with non-technical folks about technical issues;
- Great conceptual thinking skills;
- You master the English or Dutch language.
BookerZzz offers the opportunity to develop yourself in a dynamic and fast growing international company, located directly at central station Haarlem, only 15 minutes by train from the center of Amsterdam. BookerZzz is Privatly owned and recently also Recognised Sponsor. You will work in a pleasant and challenging work environment where there is plenty of room for your own ideas and initiative. Furthermore we offer:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience + bonus structure;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Macbook and Flexible working hours;
- A healthy working environment including fresh fruit and free massages with a great international atmosphere with weekly office drinks, lots of social activities and legendary parties;
- Fun, eager, young, dynamic colleagues to work with and who aim building the most special hotel booking site in Western Europe.
BookerZzz is a fast growing company that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 18 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5.000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1.000.000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
With a customer rating on Trustpilot of 9.1 for HotelAanbiedingen and 8.9 for HotelSpecials, we are the most beloved hotel booking site in the Netherlands. We are also best found online hotel booking site according to 2014 SEO benchmark study by iProspect. In 2015 Hotelspecials.de has won the prestigious Cross Border E-Commerce award during the Nationale Thuiswinkel Awards.
BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, consisting of the following labels:
Various hotel deals, available through websites in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
Favourable bungalow and holiday park deals. Websites available in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria and the United Kingdom.
We specialise in providing consumers with the best options for their stay with more value for money. We aim at offering a better choice of properties and we are continously focusing on your wishes: we want to offer you the deal that suits you best! At the same time, we believe that short getaways should always be hassle free, from finding the right accommodation to spending your time away from home.
Do you recognize yourself in our core values?
- Continuous Improvement;
- Effectively Organised.
Interested? Please send your resume and letter of motivation through this link. For more information you can contact Monique Nelissen at +31 (0)6 387 62 512 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An reference check and assessment can be part of the procedure.