Job position: Front-end Developer at L1nda (Amsterdam)
L1NDA web app supports 4000 locations and 45.000 active users. Our staff planning tool is the market leader in the Dutch hospitality industry. We are a fast growing company with big ambitions and dreams and we are looking for ambitious team-mates who want to embark in this journey and grow with us.
L1NDA is looking for a new Front-end Developer to join our team. We are looking for all levels of experience.
The successful candidate will work on the core product, L1nda scheduling tool, as well as other products we intend to build. We follow Scrum with 2 weeks sprints, including demos, retrospectives and planning poker. Our user-stories and sub-tasks are documented in Jira.
- Open and honest: we admit our mistakes and learn from them. We never point fingers but work together to find solutions to the problems we face. In similar vein, we see failing as a good thing if it helps us learn and improve.
- Our company structure is flat. Everyone is free to ask questions. Our 'functions' do not matter. We believe that good ideas are good regardless of who brings them up.
- We encourage team members to take responsibility for their work and we expect everyone to contribute to shaping the future of the company.
- We expect you to show passion about technology and a willingness to learn.
- You are a team player and are willing to help out other team-members.
- You can develop robust code and are familiar with writing test cases.
- You have willingness to ask questions and think out of the box.
Interesting upcoming projects
- Bringing the gig economy to the hospitality industry: helping businesses fill gaps in their schedules with detached personnel.
- UX project: It should be fun to work with L1NDA - and according to our customers it already is! Still, we want to revamp the experience and make it suitable for a broader audience.
- A full-time position in the heart of Amsterdam (Leidsestraat).
- Part-time (32 hours minimum) is possible.
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days of holiday (on basis of 40 hours per week).
- Training options available: self-study online or classroom training.
- Working from home is possible.
- The best of both worlds: the enthusiasm and opportunities of a start-up with the stability that comes from working in a well-established company.
Experience or at least interest in the following technologies will be advantageous for this position:
- React.js components: our web application is being converted from its current server-side page rendering shape to a client side single page web app composed of React components.
- Jest unit testing: automatic testing runs on our client-side business logic. The resulting code coverage reports allow us to deliver highly reliable functionality to our users.
- Sass: the style is being moved from CSS to Sass, so that our styling is more reusable.
- Webpack bundling: once parsed by Babel.js the React components are placed into a single bundle by Webpack.
For more information and how to apply for this job, please visit https://l1nda.recruitee.com/o/frontend-developer.