Job position: Senior Software Engineer for Web at BAMTECH Media (Amsterdam)
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH software engineers develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as MLB.TV, NHL.TV, HBO NOW, Eurosport Player and PlayStation Vue are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies. BAMTECH engineering is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York, with an office in the SoMo area of San Francisco. The europe headquarters is based in Amsterdam.
This position is located Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions.
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Work on a modern stack consisting of NodeJS, Amazon Web Services and various toolkits.
Rapidly prototype and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable web applications using
- Enforce code quality through test driven development.
- Work with various AWS Services to support current implementations and architect solutions for new product offerings.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements.
3-5 years experience building compelling web applications.
- Strong experience in a NodeJS application development environment
- Experience with HTML5 video a plus.
- Github Enterprise
- Bower and NPM
- Grunt and Webpack
If you are interested in joining BAMTECH in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you. Please send us your resume and coverletter to Sidney de Koning, email@example.com.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.