Vacature Front-end Developer bij BookerZzz (Haarlem)
Beste Front-end Developer!
Bij BookerZzz in Haarlem zijn wij per direct op zoek naar een medior Front-end developer. Herken jij jezelf in onderstaand profiel?
At BookerZzz (HotelSpecials and BungalowSpecials) we use the latest technology and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platform. We’re currently in the process of overhauling our stack, using Golang as our primary language, by creating a scalable micro service architecture to facilitate our international growth. We’re looking for a front-end developer to help us take the platform to new level of “awesome”.
Due to expansion of the IT team we are immediately looking for a:
What does your day look like?
As our new front-end developer, you have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast moving environment. Whether you optimize the booking funnel, implement A/B tests or improve the loading time of our search results page, you’ll be encouraged to think “out-of-the-box” and create the innovative solutions, leaving your mark on the company. As a front-end developer you have a lot freedom to define and execute your own front-end strategy.
You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The teams are divided in dedicated platform teams and Conversion Rate Optimization teams working solely on improving CTR. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
HotelSpecials- and BungalowSpecials (responsive) websites available in NL, BE, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels and bungalow parks.
Learn more about being a developer at BookerZzz, read Rob’s story.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You should be very familiar with:
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Less, GitHub, Continuous Integration, DevOps;
- Consuming APIs, UX, Browser Performance optimization;
- Writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX;
- Writing unit tests for large web applications.
- Debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, prioritization, etc.
Ideally you.. .
- Have a passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies;
- Familiar with AWS, backend technologies like Golang & PHP;
- Be able to solve problems in a creative manner and just get things done;
- Contribute to a fun working environment;
- Care about building an app right, with attention to pixels and clean, well-tested code;
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects, platforms and languages.
You'll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done;
Who are we?
BookerZzz is a fast-growing company that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 18 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
We work with over 150 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free.
BookerZzz is in the middle of repositioning our brand in the market. You will work alongside people with the attitude and motivation that contributes to this new positioning. We have started this journey with brand awareness internally. Our Core Values represent what we believe in and guides to way to successful external awareness. Everyone, at every level, in every function shares our Core Values. Working at BookerZzz means, contributing to our Core Values on a day-to-day basis:
Full of Action - Creates our energy and movement. It keeps us alive. For you this means that you always want to develop your skillset;
Interaction - To constantly develop we need to listen and understand – to the market and our own organization. We are interacting as our way of getting things done. For you this means: take the chance to work together with others in the organization;
Specialist - It is what we are and what we want to be. Specialists balance the basics of Interaction and the high pace of Full of action. For you this means: always want to get better.
Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city centre of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program including an introduction day with guided tour of Haarlem;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through our website;
- Questions? Get in touch with one of our IT members Michael or Chris via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organization.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.