Job position Senior Frontend Engineer for Castor EDC (Amsterdam)
Why we exist?
Delivering the best possible healthcare to patients worldwide requires an efficient research process. Currently, the world of medical research is dealing with a huge challenge: most medical data is captured and managed with software in local, insecure environments. Castor EDC is a pioneer in the development of creating user friendly technology that helps researchers capture high quality, standardized data, that they can share in a trusted environment.
To make medical research faster and smarter we need to build an application with best possible UI/UX.The upcoming challenges include designing the architecture for our new React frontend application and migrating our existing frontend away from ExtJS.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced frontend developer who wants to contribute to science while working in a challenging commercial environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a new well-structured, tested and accessible React frontend
- Investigating and writing automated unit-, functional and acceptance tests
- Creating scalable design systems and pattern libraries
- Collaborating with engineer, product and customer success teams
- Migrating components from our ExtJS (3.4 / 6.5) projects to React
- Identifying opportunities for process and tool improvements and implementing them
- Working on automated toolchains to build and integrate our application
What do we work with?
Currently, we are using Sencha ExtJS 3.4 and 6.5 for our frontend, which needs to be migrated to a new React-based frontend. For our redesign we are applying Brad Frost's Atomic Design Methodology. The backend consists of modern PHP7 applications, backed by multi-tenant MySQL/MariaDB databases.
Our toolset includes Slack, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence and Google for Business. We use Jenkins as a continuous integration server.
What we ask?
- Experience with designing and developing large (enterprise) applications
- Experience with creating scalable design systems and pattern libraries
- Strong customer focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A healthy interest in science, medicine and healthcare (but any formal background is a plus as well!)
- Experience with ExtJS is a plus but not required, our focus is on React
What does working at Castor include?
- The opportunity to help us improve medical research and healthcare
- A strong growth path in a scale-up with a budget to encourage personal development
- A good benefit package, including team bonus, pension, travel expenses and fun outings
- 30 vacation days per year, on top of Dutch public holidays (6)
- Healthy lunch, snacks and Friday afternoon drinks
- Working in a fun, multicultural on-site team
To apply for the position, please submit your application via our careers site: http://careers.castoredc.com/o/senior-frontend-engineer-react/?source=fronteers.