Job position: Chapter Lead Front-end at Chama the App (Amsterdam)
Technology Development – Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Lead Front-end Engineer (React)
With a headcount of already 80+ people across the company (Brazil and Netherlands) and still growing the tech & product team in Amsterdam, we would like to add a Lead to the Front-end Chapter with a deep understanding of web technology that will help us bring the Front-end to a higher level.
In Brazil, and many other countries for that matter, 90% of the population uses gas cylinders to provide their homes with gas for cooking family dinners. However, these gas cylinders need to be replaced every few weeks. The old world distribution model is currently leading but Chama provides an alternative solution in the form of a mobile platform from which Brazilians can choose their preferred dealer based on price, quality or ETA.
- You are the sr. Front-end Developer within Chama and point of contact on all things front-end.
- You are a technical gun and like to get your hands dirty, participating in discussions, advocating for best engineering practices and growth of technical expertise in the team.
- You are embedded in squads, helping to improve the codebase and understand areas for improvement.
- You have a vision on Front-end development and are the driver of this vision in the company.
- You will lead the Front-end Chapter of 3 Developers.
- As a coach and technical expert you know how to get the most out of your chapter and how to stimulate them to their best performance.
- You would get all the freedom to make an impact within the company and on our product.
Our offer to you:
- A competitive salary;
- At least once a year - 2 weeks - in our Brazilian office. To work, meet colleagues and have fun!
- A bonus, based on personal- and team targets;
- Pension scheme;
- 25 days paid leave (we don’t count the Brazilian trips of course);
- A position in a really nice office in the Jordaan, Amsterdam;
- Growth within a booming company;
- 500 euro gadget budget;
- Phone & laptop of your choice;
- Gym membership;
- We can provide IND / VISA.
- With a lot of growth ahead, we want the best person for the job. Therefore we ask from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent (Experience is leading);
- +10 years of experience in Development;
- +2 years of experience as a people manager;
- Experienced with Agile (Scrum, Pair Programming, Code Reviews);
- Experience with single page applications;
- Curiosity towards new technologies and frameworks;
- Living or willingness to relocate to Amsterdam (region);
- Great communication skills;
- Good English speaker (Dutch not required).