Job position: React Front-end developer at Pointlogic (Rotterdam)
Are you a pro-active, creative and flexible developer that enjoys writing clean code to make intuitive interfaces? We have the right challenge for you, as we are currently shifting our flagship product, a best-in-class marketing communication optimization platform, from a desktop package to the cloud.
Therefore, we are re-writing our existing C# WPF front-end as a web application. As part of this project, we are looking for an experienced React.js developer to join our developers' team in Rotterdam.
ABOUT THE JOB
The development team of the Strategy vertical consists of 12 developers, and works together with various other teams such as data engineering, data science, delivery, and sales. Within the development team, you and several other colleagues will be responsible for developing the new web front-end and building up the framework to support it.
- Developing a complex in-browser application in React.js and D3.js
- Participating in discussions about UI/UX in the new web front-end
- Creating a highly customizable UI to support the 70 different versions we deploy each year
- Testing and experimenting with new technologies to underpin technology decisions
We care a lot about the quality and maintainability of our work, so you will also aim to:
- Write clean code
- Write unit tests and integration tests
- Write automated API tests
- Review code from colleagues
- Refactor code to improve readability/maintainability
We have an enthusiastic team that enjoys working hard and relaxing when its needed as well. Some of us go bouldering in Rotterdam together, we have yearly Foosball competitions, a Ping-pong table, and a Party Committee.
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or related discipline (field), or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of experience in frontend web development in a professional environment
- Familiar with common user experience patterns
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with a front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- You are structural, methodical, and have attention to detail
- Team player, good communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Dutch resident or willing to relocate to the vicinity of our Rotterdam office
Experience with React
Familiarity with Node.js as a server-side application
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- A Football and a Ping-pong table, and Friday afternoon drinks (every Friday);
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
38 hours - 40 hours
Rotterdam, the Netherlands