Job position: Front-end developer at Minddistrict (Amsterdam)
We’re looking for an independent front-end developer to join our product and marketing teams in Amsterdam to build accessible and inclusive user interfaces.
FULL-TIME · AMSTERDAM
What do we do?
Minddistrict aims to empower people to master their wellbeing. Through smart use of technology, we enable people to realise small but significant changes in thoughts, feelings, and behaviour.
We offer a wide range of online content-based solutions within the fields of (mental) healthcare and workplace wellbeing in The Netherlands, Germany and the UK.
What do you do?
The job mainly consists of two parts. First, you will join the Marketing team and be the technical expert for the Minddistrict corporate website. You will work with the product owner and the rest of the team on the website, prioritise new features and optimisations. You’ll be responsible for the technical part of SEO, performance and accessibility of the website. You’ll be working on the PHP based Grav CMS and with Vue, Sass and Webpack. You know the difference between a link and a button and know how to clearly explain technical challenges to a multidisciplinary team.
Moreover, you will be part of the Product team, collaborating with designers, product owners and other developers on developing the Minddistrict ehealth platform. You’ll be responsible for developing the front-end architecture and you like to take ownership of accessibility, web performance and can explain why it’s useful to set up a pattern library or a styleguide. You’re the bridge between the users, design and the Python backend. You know how to use and implement a CSS methodology like BEM.
- Build and create exciting and robust cross-browser user interfaces
- Implement and advice on accessibility and client-side performance improvements
- Prepare the front-end architecture for the future
- Implement and advice on technical SEO solutions
- Take the website and platform to the next level
- Knows how to build a robust, performant and accessible website
- Is skilled in Vue, Webpack, Git
- Is skilled in Terminal/Command line on a *nix system
- Has worked with Grav CMS, PHP and AngularJS
- Has great affinity with accessibility
- Is decisive and independent
- Has strong communication skills
- Has the ability and motivation to work in dynamic and fast-paced teams
- Currently living in the Netherlands, speaking Dutch is a plus
- A competitive salary and other benefits
- Use of a MacBook Pro and mobile phone
- Relevant training and learning opportunities
- International work environment
- Great lunches and outings with our marvellous team
Minddistrict employees describe the organisation as open, inclusive and not afraid to challenge the status quo. If the role suits you and our goal of empowering people to master their wellbeing appeals to you: please apply quickly! We can’t wait to meet you.
To apply, please use Homerun (https://minddistrict.homerun.co/front-end-developer/en/apply) to send us your CV and motivation. If you have any questions concerning the process, please contact Nathalie Faber (Head of Human Resources) via email@example.com.