Job position Front-end developer at Momkai (Amsterdam)
Join us to help mission-driven organisations, as we step by step work towards giant leaps. We've helped to launch global platforms, break crowdfunding records, and build new brands. We create meaningful experiences for members online and in the real world, often from the ground up. We call these memberful. Recently, we've designed platforms and brands in Europe, the US and Japan.
We believe that people don’t connect to merely facts; they connect to storytellers and their stories. Our philosophy is to cultivate calm, so that only the content can drive you to distraction. These principles underpin all the work that we design and develop. In 2016, we introduced this philosophy of calm at the Stedelijk Museum of modern art.
We create for mission-driven organisations such as the Imperial College London and New York University. The team united the 1.2M members that make up the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB); brought together the European community of researchers with the Embassy of Good Science; and designed initiatives from scratch, like Japanese journalism startup Renews or cancer research initiative Oncode Institute.
We work for start-ups and scale-ups that make an impact — from Adyen to VanMoof and Swapfiets. We are co-founders of De Correspondent. This is an ad-free, member-funded journalism platform for unbreaking news. We've helped to launch this Dutch journalism platform with a crowdfunding world-record. It's an example of how we like to create brands and platforms from the ground up. Holistically, from a timeless logo to a new audio app.
About your role
Your work matters.
We are looking for talented developers with a drive to create outstanding work — guided by a strong moral compass. With a focus on creating clarity and beauty. Together we create member experiences, platforms, brands and apps for teams that make a positive impact in the world.
By writing clean code, you enable others to build upon your work. By presenting your ideas clearly you inspire others. And by learning new technologies with the team and our development partners, we stay at the frontier of our craft. At Momkai, you will be part of an independent studio — and you'll be welcomed by a close-knit team, who will do anything in their power to make you feel at home.
What we ask:
- Three years of experience — as a Front-end Developer
- Used to development tools — like Git and CLI
- Integrations experience — of CMSs, REST APIs, and third party services
- Hands-on teamwork — open to feedback, with an eye for detail
- Member focused — design with the end user in mind
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful
- Helping others grow — offer guidance to interns
Additionally welcome skills:
- Development tools knowledge — Next.js, Storybook.js or TypeScript
- Back-end knowledge — CraftCMS, PHP, Twig or Docker
- Web animation techniques — GSAP, WebGL or similar
- Best-practices experience — SEO and Accessibility
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary team — focussed on delivering high quality work
- Good employment conditions — a competitive salary and benefits
- Room for personal development — guidance for growth and training options
- International clients and partners — a wide spectrum of sustainable projects
- A friendly working environment — with lunch and your own laptop included
- Spacious office in city center Amsterdam — office that overlooks the water
- Nearby Central Station — easily accessible with public transport
- Terrace on the waterfront — with private parking spaces