Job position Front End Developer at Winkelstraat.nl (Vianen/Eindhoven)
Winkelstraat.nl is hiring a Front End Developer to join our small development team.
More information about the position can be obtained from Marloes Kapteijns
T : +31 (6) 22 72 47 34
E : email@example.com
Gen-z and Millennials are not just pioneers, they’re the thriving force behind the luxury fashion industry. And although this generation might cause frustration amongst traditional retailers, they are the key audience at Winkelstraat.nl.
At Winkelstraat.nl you will find over 300 independent high-end fashion stores and brands from all over Europe. The exclusive collections consist of beautiful and luxurious brands, complemented with limited edition items that you will not see anyone else wearing soon. Our partners are carefully selected.
We aim to be the go-to tech platform for luxury fashion by connecting retail partners and young shoppers. This strategy and our collection of over 80.000 outstanding fashion items makes us the market leader in luxury fashion.
Our team develops a highly complex and customised e-commerce marketplace platform. We are looking for a great team player who wants to join our small professional team, improve their skill set, and try challenging tasks.
If you want to take part in all steps of the development process, actively collaborate with colleagues to deliver bug-free, scalable and maintainable projects and if you want to see your code released regularly in production, this is the right place to be.
About the Front End Developer role
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on a product that you want to improve constantly on many levels; code quality, performance, conversion and scalability.
- Creatively solve complex UX problems;
- Contribute to internal initiatives and grow professionally;
- Promote modern engineering team practices — iterative development and continuous deployment: research, prototype, test, deploy often;
- Participate in the full development process, from design to operations — inclusive of availability, performance, scalability.
What we’re looking for
- Knows Git
- Someone who understands why accessibility matters
- Has an understanding of SEO
We are working with the following tech stack
- Evidence of developing user interfaces for web applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent eye for detail
- Typescript - Essential
- Accessibility - Essential
- Relevant degree in computing, digital design, engineering or equivalent, or significant relevant commercial experience working in web development
- Experience of working in a modern software engineering environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small development team
1-3 years experience in a similar role
It’s definitely a plus if you also have
- E-commerce experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in Dutch
- Experience with caching technologies like Redis
- Experience of Elasticsearch
- Understanding of the role of design in the user experience
- Understanding of responsive UI design for mobile and web
- Develop new features in both the browser and server side
- Writing maintainable code
- Building new functionality based on data gathered from A/B tests
- Take responsibility of of own work
- Thinking things through before building
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Opportunity for professional growth;
- A small diverse, fun and strong team;
- Pleasant working conditions in a comfortable office;
- Flexibility to sometimes work from home;
- Discounts on all items;
- Healthy snacks and lunches at our Vianen HQ;
- Pension scheme;
- 25 leave days a year
Winkelstraat.nl is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the Winkelstraat.nl team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.