Job position: Junior Frontend Developer at VI Company (Rotterdam)
Kickstart your career and unlock your full potential as Frontend Developer
Hello, we are VI Company. A FinTech scaleup where we conceptualize and build web apps and software. From the ground up. And for leading clients in the financial domain. Think banks, asset managers, and pension funds.
An intuitive and fine-looking frontend is the heart of all our web apps and software. As Junior Frontend Developer you will be trained and coached by our seniors to unlock your full potential. We are 6 experienced frontend developers, and offer a space in which you can learn from your mistakes and find out which areas of expertise you excel in. So, are you ready to unlock your Developer Mode and become a full-fledged frontend developer?
How you serve the best code as Frontend Developer
- You shape and develop FinTech web apps for large financial clients, used by millions of consumers worldwide.
- You team up with back-enders and designers to champion the same end-user, and work towards a shared goal: highly available and fast-performing web apps and software.
- You join a scale-up of 45 colleagues (of which 25 developers) and together we directly contribute to our mission to simplify and future-proof financial markets.
From day #1 you join a multidisciplinary Agile team, with great team cohesion and clear deliverables. Our projects are complex, so we stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in frontend world via courses, training, and conferences - that you will join as well!
A day as Frontend Developer @ VI Company
- Kickstart the day with a daily scrum and continue programming on a mission-critical website of a large bank, used to manage their assets.
- For lunch, you join our catered lunch and maybe play some Mario Kart. Hopefully, you can handle an increased heart rate of 100+ BPM due to a blue/red shell closing in when you are #1 (because we can't).
- Let's do some pair programming afterwards to calm down and end the day on a light note by meeting with your fellow frontend colleagues to discuss challenges, ideas, and demo new JS/CSS features.
So.... Now that you’ve come this far, it seems something about this role is of interest to you, right? Let's go to the fun part: why choose VI Company?
6 boxes we tick
- Salary between €2.500 and €3.250 plus a 13th-month pay, 8% holiday allowance, pension scheme, and good equipment to make the magic happen.
- A real developer culture with highly skilled seniors eager to share their knowledge, weekly and monthly standups to inspire each other, share knowledge, and review each other's code.
- The flexibility to create your own work-life balance, by partly working from home and flexible working hours (32/36/40).
- Study days, generous training budget, and €750 home office budget to stay on top of your coding game (and buy that new headset you want so badly).
- We share our shares, you can become a co-owner by buying the stocks of VI Company.
- The chance to annihilate your colleagues in Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, pub quizzes, a game of pool or cook-off, you name it.
6 boxes you tick (the more the merrier)
- You want to work in an open atmosphere with short communication lines, great mentorship, and where we all share a passion for tech.
- You are curious (and not unfamiliar with our friend (Stack Overflow) find happiness in closing the 100 chrome tabs after you queried for lines of code or solved that one bug.
- You are eager to learn new frameworks, tools, languages etc. We have freedom in choosing our languages, so we are constantly learning new things.
- You are not afraid to take ownership, ask questions, and touch base with colleagues or clients about features that need to be made.
- You are team frontend, but hopefully also team weekend (as we all are). We like to celebrate that together during our Friday drinks at the VI-bar.
Do you potentially feel that this could be your next spot? Let us know! If you are not sure, but it piqued your interest, we are here to answer all your questions. Shoot us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp/call us.