Workshop: Clouduboy build-your-own-console, with Flaki
- Wednesday, 4 October, 2017, 9:00-17:00 CEST
- Spaces Vijzelgracht, Vijzelstraat 68-72, Amsterdam
Clouduboy is a set of tools, libraries and apps Flaki has been working on in the past few years, trying to figure out the best way to bring software and hardware/microcontrollers closer to people. In this workshop, we'll use the Clouduboy arsenal to assemble, build, and code our own game consoles with JS-based games.
At Fronteers Conference, you will get a chance to try the special Clouduboy coding-quick-start tutorials that are not released for the public yet. You will also get full access to these (and future) tutorials, should you want to continue learning after the workshop is over.
Who is this workshop for?
- Code newbies and UX/UI designers
- Developers interested in games/hardware programming
- Developers interested in web development
With the tools from this workshop, you can share your games & creations online with anyone and play others' games on the tiny console you just built yourself. Because it's just the Web.
Hands-on, self-paced learning
This is a hands-on workshop, with a relatively short intro followed by mentored, self-directed learning. After the workshop is over you retain access to the IDE and everything else, so you can continue learning.
What you’ll need
- Bring your own laptop
- Read Flaki's extended description of the workshop and Clouduboy
What you’ll get (to keep)
- A set of microcontrollers and game hardware you will get to assemble yourself!
About István "Flaki" Szmozsánszky